Thursday, May 16, 2013

New draft of the San Dionisio Ocotepec Zapotec dictionary posted

I'm more and more adopting the philosophy that we shouldn't keep our data buried in our field notes and computers until it is perfect.  It's more likely to be useful to others if we make it available in intermediate draft stages, so I'm starting to post draft versions of various projects on my page at Academia.edu.   (Inspired by the wisdom of Peter Austin, who posts draft grammars and dictionaries on his page!)

Today I've posted the current, imperfect state of the San Dionisio Ocotepec Zapotec dictionary. (Ethnologue ZTU) at http://www.academia.edu/3546909/San_Dionisio_Ocotepec_Zapotec_--_Spanish_--_English_dictionary_interim_draft_version_

Here's a screenshot of one part of it:



1 comment:

sheriver said...

Wonderful, thanks Aaron! And I think you're right-- we should do this.