Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Experimenting with semantic domains

I have been playing around a bit with the Semantic Domain feature in FLEx today.  I have mostly found this fairly unwieldy, since the lists of semantic domains are in an elaborate hierarchy and it takes a long time to find the domain you want.

However, if there are only a few domains that you are interested in, you can also just add them as top-level domains (using the Lists  | Semantic Domains menu).  One that I am interested in is the psychological verbs that show up with ni'yaj  after them.

I added psych verbs as a top-level semantic domain, as follows



Then in the entry of a verb that licenses this marker, I select this as "Semantic Domain"  in the entry:


If I want to see all the verbs that have been identified for this semantic domain, I use the "Classified Dictionary"  option in the Lexicon pane, and it shows me the following:




No comments: